Tuesday 21 June 2016

Time Doesn't Always Heal, Sometimes It Only Hides The Scars

When I look back at it all, the moment that seemed the darkest - 
when my heart was beating so hard I thought it just might break out of my chest, 
when it hurt just to breathe, 
when every inch of the dark seemed to be the best solemn to writhe in agony,
and when the flickering flame of pain ran through me every time I saw you - it all makes sense now.
You walking away happened so that I can be here now, 
and now is exactly where I'm meant to be.
Even though the journey and the destination is still pretty blurry and a work-in-process,
here is my overdue-commitment for a better me.
Thank you. 
Thank you for walking away. 
Thank you for bailing, for giving up.
Thank you for letting me go so I could find myself. 
Thank you for impacting my life in the most positive way, even if it didn't seem like that at first. 
Thank you..

No comments: