Thursday 2 June 2016

Dua for one in distress


Allahumma laatakilnee ila'anafsi tarfa ta'een
Allahumma rahmataka arju falaa takilni illa nafsi tarfata 'aiinan, 
Wa as-ih-li sha'ni kuulahu, la illaha illa anta.


Yee Allah,
Bestow upon me blessing of Thy mercy,
Do not leave me to myself even in a blink of an eye,
Correct all of my affairs for me,
There is none worthy of worship but Thee.


Ya Allah,
Limpahkanlah aku dengan rahmat keampunanMu,
Janganlah Kau tinggalkanku dengan urusanku walau sekejap mata,
Perbetulkanlah segala urusanku untukku,
Tiada yang berhak disembah selain Kau.



I first encountered this dua phrase when I get to watch *Munafik[2016] a few weeks ago, rasa sangat tertampar betul dengan the translations. Especially the line "perbetulkanlah segala urusanku untukku", right that instance, it felt like all these while I've been toiling things around, and this is the line that was what has been missing from my dua phrases!

The immediate next day, I googled this phrase, not knowing that in fact there is a specific complete dua conveying this beautiful ayat. Beautiful indeed.

Wallahi I wept for few nights thinking how all these while I've been praying and reciting dua in my own selfish ways, I forgot the fact that;
"But perhaps you hate a thing and it is good for you; and perhaps you love a thing and it is bad for you. And Allah Knows, while you know not." 
Al-Baqarah [2:216]

Maybe all these while I've been asking duas selfishly for my own benefits in my own ways, thinking that it was for the best of all too..
Maybe this was why I still had that uneasy feelings and enmity in the back of my mind, even when He indeed granted my wishes and duas..
Ya Allah, hambaMu ini masih jahil dan sangat sedikit ilmu pengetahuanku...


Ref:
* https://youtu.be/lPCbPre_7h0

No comments: